These are basic - if you've ever made Rice Krispies Treats, these will ring a bell. Feel free to sub out the dried apricots and cranberries for another dried fruit. I bet dried apples and butterscotch chips would be tasty too! These are a little looser in texture, in part because I used fewer marshmallows, so keep them in the fridge, covered. Don't worry, they won't be in there long. We ate these really quickly and my four year-old was very excited to get one in her lunch box!
Cranberry Apricot Cheerios Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Cheerios (I used the original kind, but try the multigrain or other flavors too!)
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit - I used 1/2 cup dried cranberries and 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Pam cooking spray
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, stir the butter and marshmallows together until melted and smooth.
- Turn off the heat and stir in Cheerios and fruit. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a 9x9 square pan with Pam, then press the Cheerios mixture into the pan. Press it down and squish it into the corners. Put the pan in the refrigerator for an hour or so to let them firm up.