|It is really hard to capture dark chocolate in a photo! Just sayin'.|
These little snackers have very little sugar added to them, so in the cupcake vs. muffin question, they fall squarely in the latter category. The bittersweet chocolate, hints of banana and zucchini, and moist texture make for a sophisticated and healthy dessert. To fancy them up, try a cream cheese frosting!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour (I used half regular flour, half whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips (about 6 oz. or 2/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin or use paper liners. (I just use Pam.)
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients - all the dry ones.
- In a larger bowl, whisk vanilla and melted butter into eggs, then mash the banana and add that to the eggs. Whisk in sugar and stir in grated zucchini. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- A little at a time, stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Pour into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.