- 6 ripe figs
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 teaspoons cream cheese
- fresh-ground black pepper
- optional: honey
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse off figs and pat dry. With a knife, trim off the little stem nub at the top and slice in half lengthwise, so you have 12 halves. Cut the bacon in half so you have 12 short pieces.
- To assemble: Place half a teaspoon of cream cheese on top of each fig half. Season with a grind or two of black pepper. If you want them sweeter, add a drop of honey on top of the cream cheese. I didn’t use honey and mine were delicious, but it’s up to you how sweet you want them. Wrap each cream cheese-topped fig in bacon. I wrapped them so the open end is underneath the fig, but some had the open end on top and it didn’t unravel. You could use toothpicks if you are worried they won’t stay wrapped in the oven, but mine were fine without. Lay the bacon-fig bundles on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and let them figs rest for 5 more minutes in the oven. Take them out and serve hot. Watch your fingers!