Friday, March 22, 2013

Baba Ghanouj (Eggplant Dip)


So ... the Paleo Challenge starts tomorrow.  D-Day for being photographed in my bikini and then performing a serious, muscle-shaking, face-reddening workout.  But I think I'm getting my Paleo diet dialed in and I will just have to be strong and face this challenge.  I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight, due to nerves, but I will carry on just the same.  Wish me luck!

It is a small comfort knowing I have some good snack options at the ready.  One is this recipe for baba ghanouj.  You've probably had it alongside hummus and pita at Middle Eastern restaurants.  It's surprisingly easy to make at home.  If you are grilling, I highly recommend you roast the eggplants on the grill - this will add another layer of smoky depth.  But I made mine in the oven and it is certainly snack-worthy!  And since, like the Paleo hummus, it's made entirely of healthy olive oil, sesame seed paste, and vegetables, you can nibble without fear of wrecking your weight loss efforts!  Ready?  Find it at GCH, and let me know what you think!

Crackers, pita, and pretzels are all very tasty dippers ... but not Paleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment